Skip to main content

Peachy Challenge #6: 3D weather project

Hello again:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the affected by the midwestern storms and tornados this morning.
It seems like the weather is going to be a bit better today, I hope weather is better on your neck of the woods :). Today's posts is a quick one for this week'sPeachy Keen Challenge, and hoping my blogger issues are resolved ;)


Since my brain could not think of anything 3D,I resorted to the always trusty Swing Card,for a tutorial I found a while ago on Youtube go here.





Front of card
"Swing action"

Materials:

8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Card in blue cardstock,
White cardstock for clouds
Yellow cardstock for the sun (sorry I dont have the names of my papers any more, I used some scraps here)
PK- 781 Lulee party girl, smiley face for the sun
8" x 8" green cardstock for the trees
Green card stock for the grass, I used scrap pieces of the same paper I use for my trees
8"x 8" brown cardstock for the tree trunks
PKS 265 Bunny Dolls
Scraps of paper for the bunnies, I believe the stripped paper is from K I
Umbrela was cut at 2" from the Fundamentals 1 SD card that comes with the Ecraft
Cardstock alphas
Clear accents
markers for the rainbow ( have to say, I got help with this, my 4yo came into the room and said " mama' you
Need a rainbow and went to work, i just help with the cutting ;) )
White gel pen for the faux stitching on the alphas
Dimentionals for the front pannel rabbit, umbrella and cloud.
Quick dry glue
Decorative edge scissors (DES) for the grass
Cuttlebug



I started by embossing the grass pieces and cut them randomly using the DES, started placing my pices on the card and realized I did not like the picking of some of the front pannel scene onto the second pannel, so I went Frankestein on the original base card, and added an extra piece to cover the area I did not want to show, that's when the rainbow on the 2nd pannel and the tree on the front pannel came to play! I kept reminding myself,"there are no mistakes on paper crafting, only happy crazy accidents! " LOL




I hope you like it as much as my child and I did, it is our first PK challenge working as a team ;)

Thank you again for taking the time to read this post. God bless and have a great day!
Liz

Comments

  1. Super cute! You created such a fun scene with so many great details!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sweet Carrie, Thank you, it was fun to put it together :)
      Have a great day!
      Liz

      Delete
  2. Super cute card, every detail and image on this card is just fabulous.... love how it swings out like that... totally awesome...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirl for your sweet comment! My child and I enjoyed putting it together!
      Have a great day!
      Liz

      Delete
  3. GORGOEUS job with your sweet card,TOO CUTE!I LOVE all the great details!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am loving that card its so cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card!! I just love the PK bunny dolls, and their adorable faces! You did a GREAT job!
    Have a nice day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute, great card with lots of details :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sry, I came by and commented on your super cute card for the PK challenge and forgot to say ty for stopping by and leaving me love on my hippo centre piece for it :) sooo Thank You very much for taking the time to leave me some love! :) Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem!, I understand, some times I want to reply to all the comnments but for different reasons I rarely reply to all :( but I do appreciate your sweet comments! and will sneak in more blog time to visit your blog as often as possible ;)
      Have a lovely wknd!
      Liz

      Delete
  8. ty so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave me some love on my hippo centre piece, ss I forgot to thank you when I came here to leave you some love yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer is almost here, but the fun has started!!!

Hello friends! Are you having fun yet? Summer is all about fun and what could be as fun as creating with Xyron Products and eBosser by Craftwell?? A fun hop with both companies and you get a chance to win a great prize too!                                 Starting today and ending on June 20th come join us and if you  hop along you could win a Craftwell Prize! All you need to do is comment on each blog and follow Xyron and Craftwell's Blog.  If you are already followers just comment (on the Craftwell Blog) that you are!  The comments will close at  12 midnight EST on Friday, June 20th . Must be in the US or Canada to be eligible to win. The winner will be announced on  Monday, June 23rd  on the Craftwell blog.  For my project today I created a birthday banner for my nephew using my eCraft, eBosser and Xyron. this could not be easier to put together, just cu...

*Files Updated* Christmas Bingo Blog Hop

Welcome to the FCCB Christmas Bingo Blog Hop !  Here is your Bingo card- You can choose to do a line up, down, across or diagonal, completing each square in your line.  Example: Christmas Cricut Cut, Hand Colored Christmas Image, Christmas Glitter. You have so many choices! The FCCB Christmas Bingo hop is sponsored by : A $10 Credit Voucher will go to the lucky winner! To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.  If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images. For this blog hop, you can submit up to three projects. Each project is one entry into the drawing for the prize. Be sure to visit each Design Team member and leave a comment -those will be put into a drawing for the following: For my project I decided to create an Frame/Ornament. I chose the 3rd. line down: Xmas Cricut Cut/ Xmas Sent...

Summer Fun Blog Hop, day 4

Hello friends, welcome to day 4 of our Summer Fun Blog Hop!                                 Don't you just love all the projects showcased this week? I am so lucky to be part of this fantastic hop I could not resist to keep on creating and today I want to share with you another Farm inspired project. This time I created a Piñata by recycling a box, using some scrap card stock, crepe paper, the fabulous eBosser, Xyron Corner Glue Stick, sticker maker and the X Tape Runner. I started by removing the flaps from the top of the box and then scoring two horizontal lines on the sides of it and a diagonal from the upper center point to the line on the sides. Cut slits on the corners all the way to the scored lines. Cut a small square on each side -just below the scored line-to run the rope thru them. Also, cut an opening on the back so you can fill it with goodies. Folded the new flaps inwards. Gl...