Skip to main content

Summer Fun Blog Hop, day 4


Hello friends, welcome to day 4 of our Summer Fun Blog Hop!


                               

Don't you just love all the projects showcased this week? I am so lucky to be part of this fantastic hop I could not resist to keep on creating and today I want to share with you another Farm inspired project.


This time I created a Piñata by recycling a box, using some scrap card stock, crepe paper, the fabulous eBosser, Xyron Corner Glue Stick, sticker maker and the X Tape Runner.

I started by removing the flaps from the top of the box and then scoring two horizontal lines on the sides of it and a diagonal from the upper center point to the line on the sides. Cut slits on the corners all the way to the scored lines. Cut a small square on each side -just below the scored line-to run the rope thru them. Also, cut an opening on the back so you can fill it with goodies.
Folded the new flaps inwards. Glued them together. To create the "roof", covered a piece of cardboard with the crepe paper, folded it in half and glued it to  the box using hot glue.

To save some time I spraypainted the box with some red pain left over drom another project. :). Let dry.

 I ran (6) rectangular pieces of card stock trhu my eBosser and adhered them using the Xyron sticker maker. 

For the animals, my kiddos used coloring pages, colored and cut them, we atached them using Xyron Permanent Tape Runner. This is really easy to put together. Lastly fill it up and let the children have fun! -please excersice caution when breaking a piñata-

I hope you leave inspired to create and have fun! remember to visit the rest of the blogs for more inspiration and to comment, you will have until 12:00 midnight EST on June 20th to be elegible for the Craftwell Prize but Xyron is giving away daily prices!



Here is the complete lineup:
Liz Ortiz ( you are here)

Thanks for stopping by and have fun hoping along, have a wonderful day!

Liz

Comments

  1. this is darling. thanks for the directions. It could be decorated with so many different animals, etc. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job on your piñata! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adoreable Liz! How crafty and creative. Love do it your self party décor, they are always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adoreable Liz! This is so crafty and creative. Love do it your self party decorations, they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adoreable Liz! How crafty and creative. Love do it yourself party decorations, they are so much better than store bought!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is cute and
    so easy to put together!
    Great idea.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and creative. Great embossing folder.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this pinata! What a wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the farm piñata! So clever and cute. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute idea. Great job.

    marg0006 at Verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this barn pinata--my grandkids would have a lot of fun with this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable! What a great project for a farm themed party

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great use of materials! Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved this! I tried commenting yesterday but nothing shows up. Hope I am more successful today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Having troubles posting today and yesterday. Loved this project and your do it yourself decorations...how crafty and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg! I never would have thought to do this, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Liz how adoreable! I have been trying to comment the past couple days but have not been seeing my comments post, so if duplicates show up, please understand! Love how crafty and creative this is! Love do it your self decorations for partys!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable Liz! Love this. So crafty and creative! Love do it yourself decorations for parties, way better than store bought! I have tried commenting but my comments never post(so if you get duplicates, please understand).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer is almost here, but the fun has started!!!

Hello friends! Are you having fun yet? Summer is all about fun and what could be as fun as creating with Xyron Products and eBosser by Craftwell?? A fun hop with both companies and you get a chance to win a great prize too!                                 Starting today and ending on June 20th come join us and if you  hop along you could win a Craftwell Prize! All you need to do is comment on each blog and follow Xyron and Craftwell's Blog.  If you are already followers just comment (on the Craftwell Blog) that you are!  The comments will close at  12 midnight EST on Friday, June 20th . Must be in the US or Canada to be eligible to win. The winner will be announced on  Monday, June 23rd  on the Craftwell blog.  For my project today I created a birthday banner for my nephew using my eCraft, eBosser and Xyron. this could not be easier to put together, just cu...

Exploring Cricut Xmas in July Blog Hop (pictures updated)

Good morning cricuteers!! I hope your week is off to a fabulous start! This fine Monday morning brings another Exploring Cricut Challenge! . This week we are having a Christmas in July Blog hop/ Challenge. So If you came from Michelle S blog you are in the right place! If you just happen to stumble upon my blog ;) and would like to check out all the inspiration provided by the Exploring Cricut  team please start here. There might be a few surprises along the way ::hint:: I hope you join us on this blog hop and challenge!!    For my project I Created a Card/Gift bag Decor. I have seen some " Card Holders" that you add to the front of a plain GB to help you "show off" your card, after all you have invested time and effort into it so why not showcasing it as part of the gift wrap :).. ( But for the life in me I cannot recall where I saw them or what they are called :?)  Got inspired from this idea . So if anyone knows please let me know so I can give credit...