Skip to main content

LO for Exploring Cricut Challenge with a giveaway

Good morning friends!

I hope you had a restful weekend. This fine Monday morning brings us another fantastic challenge at Exploring Cricut! The theme: Winter Wonderland...
 
Since Winter has brought us more snow and colder than normal days, I have a lot to scrap, so I decided to create a quick LO to record the bright side - for us that is- of the recent Polar Vortex visit *wink*.  Since Hercules hit our neck of the woods the same day school was back in session we had some fun the day before.  Even-though the event itself was no fun. it came to show us that we are  not doing too bad a job raising our kids to be Thankful for all we receive *wink**wink*...

You see, the day before "Hercules" visited ;), during breakfast time our oldest said "You know Mom, I am glad we go back to school tomorrow..." And of course as any other proud mom I replied: " I am glad you are excited to go back, school is really important...". We left it at that and went on with our plans. The day went by quickly between making a snow man and sliding down our driveway, we did not give Hercules much thought. By bed time our school loving child was watching the news and we had no idea that our sweet child was secretly awaiting the school closing message to come up *gasp*...Well, the reaction to the closing message was as you would expect: screaming and happy dancing around the room" ...YAY!!! we get to stay home one more day, thank you, thank you Polar Vortex ..." Needless to say we laughed at the reaction because it was so spontaneous it was adorable to watch!!! Sad thing though. we did not have the camera ready but it was worth of some journaling, don't you think? And here it is:
 

I used MS Seasonal cakes for the icicle border (2) cut at 1"  and overlapped them to create a 12" border. Covered it with glitter glue for some sparkle.
Cricut Craft Room Basics for the tittle, layered tag cut at 2.5" x 3.75" with the corresponding shadow.
And the Squares which are  (blue) 3" and (white) 2"x3"
DP Papers are from Stack 8 and Card basics Stacks by DCWV
Wooden letters are from Studio Calico
Subway art stamp is from Studio 118
Sketch is from Pagemaps.com 

I have been trying to incorporate traditional scrap booking with the newest trends of pocket scrap, for my extensive journaling. In this page my tag covers the pocket and gives me extra space for more details.

Need a little incentive? Well I know we are crafters and like to spend our money on craft supplies and that we would love to have more followers of our blogs so, I have a deal for you, I will be sending all interested Exploring Cricut challenge participants this week a sampler card  of Jamberry Nail Wraps, what you need to do is: 

1. Be a follower of my blog and the Exploring Cricut Blog 
2.Leave me a message, telling me if the new trends have influenced your scrapbooking style and/or  if you find sketches useful.
3.Play along the challenge and 
4.Send me your address by email so I can send the sampler card to you.

You get to sample this fun wraps at no cost to you and with no obligation to buy, of course if you like them I would appreciate your business :)


Thank you for taking time to stop by, don't forget to stop by my DT sisters' blogs to see what they have in store for you.  I do appreciate your comment, have a wonderful and blessed day!

Comments

  1. Your layout is great and reading your story so reminds me of my two sons when they were young! Kids love those snow days. I guess the only time I wanted snow days was when I worked in the school system a couple years lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story Liz! We always love snow days at our house!!

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Great design and pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout! I really love the hanging icicles, so I'm going to start checking out MS cake cartridges for new & different ideas. And a thought-have your son do the "no school happy dance", take pictures, and label them a 're-enactment"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layout, what a great idea to journal. Love, love the story, so funny! Kids are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout Liz!! Love the colors. Your story makes me think of our children when they were little and now our grands are the same way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so many pretty things going on in this layout - I love it - Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer is almost here, but the fun has started!!!

Hello friends! Are you having fun yet? Summer is all about fun and what could be as fun as creating with Xyron Products and eBosser by Craftwell?? A fun hop with both companies and you get a chance to win a great prize too!                                 Starting today and ending on June 20th come join us and if you  hop along you could win a Craftwell Prize! All you need to do is comment on each blog and follow Xyron and Craftwell's Blog.  If you are already followers just comment (on the Craftwell Blog) that you are!  The comments will close at  12 midnight EST on Friday, June 20th . Must be in the US or Canada to be eligible to win. The winner will be announced on  Monday, June 23rd  on the Craftwell blog.  For my project today I created a birthday banner for my nephew using my eCraft, eBosser and Xyron. this could not be easier to put together, just cu...

*Files Updated* Christmas Bingo Blog Hop

Welcome to the FCCB Christmas Bingo Blog Hop !  Here is your Bingo card- You can choose to do a line up, down, across or diagonal, completing each square in your line.  Example: Christmas Cricut Cut, Hand Colored Christmas Image, Christmas Glitter. You have so many choices! The FCCB Christmas Bingo hop is sponsored by : A $10 Credit Voucher will go to the lucky winner! To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.  If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images. For this blog hop, you can submit up to three projects. Each project is one entry into the drawing for the prize. Be sure to visit each Design Team member and leave a comment -those will be put into a drawing for the following: For my project I decided to create an Frame/Ornament. I chose the 3rd. line down: Xmas Cricut Cut/ Xmas Sent...

Summer Fun Blog Hop, day 4

Hello friends, welcome to day 4 of our Summer Fun Blog Hop!                                 Don't you just love all the projects showcased this week? I am so lucky to be part of this fantastic hop I could not resist to keep on creating and today I want to share with you another Farm inspired project. This time I created a Piñata by recycling a box, using some scrap card stock, crepe paper, the fabulous eBosser, Xyron Corner Glue Stick, sticker maker and the X Tape Runner. I started by removing the flaps from the top of the box and then scoring two horizontal lines on the sides of it and a diagonal from the upper center point to the line on the sides. Cut slits on the corners all the way to the scored lines. Cut a small square on each side -just below the scored line-to run the rope thru them. Also, cut an opening on the back so you can fill it with goodies. Folded the new flaps inwards. Gl...