Skip to main content

Quick treat box,

Hello my crafty friends!

 I hope your day is going well. I am here to share with you my  Terrific Tuesday post for Exploring Cricut

With Valentine's day around the corner I decided to start my treat boxes. I really don't fuss to much about the holiday but in an effort of continuing the tradition my Dad (RIP) started, I created my first box -I have a few more I just haven't figured the theme for the others, this one as you can guess if for the Buccaneer in the family *wink*.  This was created using Spring Holiday Cards 



I  used red Bassill card stock (12"x12")
Core'dinations black card stock, 
white card stock is recollections.
Glue
chalk
white gelly roll pen
black marker 
Here   is the file just in case you would like to cut it too ;) The decorating of the eye is optional, but I think it give is the extra pop ;) Since the cut for the pirate card does not have layers I hid most of the design to cut the the face and arms to give it more dimension. I think it came out quite adorable *wink* wouldn't you say so?

The story behind:

My dad was a taciturn man not very fond of showing affection but he would always have a treat box or a bag full of candy for us on V's day, regularly chocolate of course, no words, no card only the sweet treats to attest of his silent message. He did not make a big fuss about any other holiday except for Christmas and V's day. It was always exciting to see him hide in their room pretending we did not know what he was doing. He will always bring roses for mom - her favorite- and chocolate for us, not one V's day he failed, when the family grew, he even included the in law children on the treat giving ritual ;) even when he had fallen very ill he manage to "escape" from "warden" Tina ( my mom, as he used to refer to her in his latter days),  it was his way of saying " I love you" and I believe we all treasured that gesture and awaited impatiently for it... Now that he is watching over us, we are trying to carry on with the tradition, although we say "I love you" frequently...

How about you, do you have any Valentine's day traditions?

Thank you for visiting, I do read and appreciate your comments, have a wonderful and blessed day!

Liz

Comments

  1. This so adorable. I love the little pirate guy, and the sentiment is perfect. I think I missed out on getting this freebie. It's too bad because I'm making cards for my nephews for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Faith, I am sorry you missed this one, I am surprised to see they removed the free file already :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable-and I know what you go through with holidays and missing your dad. Keep the traditions going though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Liz!! Just perfect for a little guy. Love your story about your dad. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer is almost here, but the fun has started!!!

Hello friends! Are you having fun yet? Summer is all about fun and what could be as fun as creating with Xyron Products and eBosser by Craftwell?? A fun hop with both companies and you get a chance to win a great prize too!                                 Starting today and ending on June 20th come join us and if you  hop along you could win a Craftwell Prize! All you need to do is comment on each blog and follow Xyron and Craftwell's Blog.  If you are already followers just comment (on the Craftwell Blog) that you are!  The comments will close at  12 midnight EST on Friday, June 20th . Must be in the US or Canada to be eligible to win. The winner will be announced on  Monday, June 23rd  on the Craftwell blog.  For my project today I created a birthday banner for my nephew using my eCraft, eBosser and Xyron. this could not be easier to put together, just cu...

*Files Updated* Christmas Bingo Blog Hop

Welcome to the FCCB Christmas Bingo Blog Hop !  Here is your Bingo card- You can choose to do a line up, down, across or diagonal, completing each square in your line.  Example: Christmas Cricut Cut, Hand Colored Christmas Image, Christmas Glitter. You have so many choices! The FCCB Christmas Bingo hop is sponsored by : A $10 Credit Voucher will go to the lucky winner! To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.  If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images. For this blog hop, you can submit up to three projects. Each project is one entry into the drawing for the prize. Be sure to visit each Design Team member and leave a comment -those will be put into a drawing for the following: For my project I decided to create an Frame/Ornament. I chose the 3rd. line down: Xmas Cricut Cut/ Xmas Sent...

Summer Fun Blog Hop, day 4

Hello friends, welcome to day 4 of our Summer Fun Blog Hop!                                 Don't you just love all the projects showcased this week? I am so lucky to be part of this fantastic hop I could not resist to keep on creating and today I want to share with you another Farm inspired project. This time I created a Piñata by recycling a box, using some scrap card stock, crepe paper, the fabulous eBosser, Xyron Corner Glue Stick, sticker maker and the X Tape Runner. I started by removing the flaps from the top of the box and then scoring two horizontal lines on the sides of it and a diagonal from the upper center point to the line on the sides. Cut slits on the corners all the way to the scored lines. Cut a small square on each side -just below the scored line-to run the rope thru them. Also, cut an opening on the back so you can fill it with goodies. Folded the new flaps inwards. Gl...