Hello friends!
I hope your day is going well. I wanted to share with you an idea for gift tags using cookie cutters and paper clay. This is the tag my oldest child help create for week 3 SHMK challenge: Children.
Inspired by this weeks theme we also made Alphabet shaped cookies and gave a few young friends their names covered with their favorite color frosting, they were gone before I could take pictures!!! I have enjoyed Jenniffer's challenges this is a cause that speaks to my heart and we encourage our kids to be polite and kind always :) this just feels good!
Onto the project ;) My littlest nephew loves TMNT's Leonardo and he has been wanting a "lounge" set actually he calls it "soft clothes". He has eczema and it is aggravated by clothing with a high nylon or polyester percentage and unfortunately all the PJ sets our there are we found have a high polyester or acrylic percentage. So, I had to go get some cotton fabric and luckily enough I found this flannel @ my local Joann's. I recently took a Creative Bug class by Cal Patch on drafting patterns and I gave my drafting skills a try, LOVE the result!!! I am sure he will be over the moon when he receives this gift.
For the tag we rolled out some Crayola green paper clay to a 1/4" thickness, then cut the shape using a "Crust Remover/ Cookie Cutter" ( I washed it out right away to prevent any clay from sticking to it, no worries as it is non-toxic but just in case...) We let it dry for 24 hrs and then painted the details, let it dry again.
Then stamp the back of it using Black Memento Luxe ink and PCS sentiment from "Sea Ya Soon" finally apply a quick coat of Mate Finish Mod Podge, let dry. Punch a hole at the top and weave some ribbon trough it and done! The tag can work as an ornament or door hanger too so it is a great idea, if I may say so myself. Please note: if want it to be sturdier and more durable you might want to increase the thickness as paper clay is not very fogiving when dry.
We got him a cotton long sleeve shirt in a similar shade of green. Still deciding whether or not to add some iron on vinyl or stenciling to it or not, what would you do? I will let you know latter what we finally did to it :)
I hope you like this idea. I am linking this to:
SHMK week 3: By/For the kids.
PCS: Gift Giving
Thank you for taking time to stop by, I do appreciate your comment, have a wonderful crafty and blessed day!
I hope your day is going well. I wanted to share with you an idea for gift tags using cookie cutters and paper clay. This is the tag my oldest child help create for week 3 SHMK challenge: Children.
Inspired by this weeks theme we also made Alphabet shaped cookies and gave a few young friends their names covered with their favorite color frosting, they were gone before I could take pictures!!! I have enjoyed Jenniffer's challenges this is a cause that speaks to my heart and we encourage our kids to be polite and kind always :) this just feels good!
Onto the project ;) My littlest nephew loves TMNT's Leonardo and he has been wanting a "lounge" set actually he calls it "soft clothes". He has eczema and it is aggravated by clothing with a high nylon or polyester percentage and unfortunately all the PJ sets our there are we found have a high polyester or acrylic percentage. So, I had to go get some cotton fabric and luckily enough I found this flannel @ my local Joann's. I recently took a Creative Bug class by Cal Patch on drafting patterns and I gave my drafting skills a try, LOVE the result!!! I am sure he will be over the moon when he receives this gift.
For the tag we rolled out some Crayola green paper clay to a 1/4" thickness, then cut the shape using a "Crust Remover/ Cookie Cutter" ( I washed it out right away to prevent any clay from sticking to it, no worries as it is non-toxic but just in case...) We let it dry for 24 hrs and then painted the details, let it dry again.
Then stamp the back of it using Black Memento Luxe ink and PCS sentiment from "Sea Ya Soon" finally apply a quick coat of Mate Finish Mod Podge, let dry. Punch a hole at the top and weave some ribbon trough it and done! The tag can work as an ornament or door hanger too so it is a great idea, if I may say so myself. Please note: if want it to be sturdier and more durable you might want to increase the thickness as paper clay is not very fogiving when dry.
We got him a cotton long sleeve shirt in a similar shade of green. Still deciding whether or not to add some iron on vinyl or stenciling to it or not, what would you do? I will let you know latter what we finally did to it :)
I hope you like this idea. I am linking this to:
SHMK week 3: By/For the kids.
PCS: Gift Giving
Thank you for taking time to stop by, I do appreciate your comment, have a wonderful crafty and blessed day!



This is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! Love the tag and the PCS stamp sentiment is PERFECT! Thank you for joining us over at PCS Gift Giving Challenge!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow Liz! This is fantastic!! Great job on the jammies - I myself love a comfy set of soft clothes! And a great idea with the clay tag and PCs stamp! Thank you for joining us for the Pretty Cute Stamps challenge this month! Hope to see you again :) DT Karla
ReplyDeleteSuper cute!!! Thank you for joining us at PCS, good luck!!! Amy DT
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome tag and a great way to use that sentiment! So cute! Thank you so much for joining us for the Pretty Cute Stamps Gift Giving Challenge!
ReplyDeleteThat is just adorable! Some small person is going to have a big smile on their face! So glad you joined us at Pretty Cute Stamps challenge this month. Be sure to join again!
ReplyDeleteMelissa DT
So adorable!! Great idea and well played out!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great tag! Thanks for playing along with the PCS challenge!
ReplyDeleteSo cute, love this idea! Thanks for joining us over at The Pretty Cute Stamps Challenge!
ReplyDeletecongrats on your win for the PCS challenge this month!!
ReplyDeleteYay! Thank you Karla for letting me know!
Delete