Hi!
I hope things are calm on your neck of the woods. I know it has been a rough few weeks for most people, and I pray everyone that reads this be blessed with health and peace...
Having the kids around has proven a bit challenging but I count my blessings and don’t complain because thank God we are safe and sound... with that said, I finally had a chance today to play with some pretty Altenew Watercolors and stamps, to join in their March challenge, hosted by the amazing Norine, here is her inspiration picture:
I think the image and colors are perfect for what we are going through, succulents to me are a symbol of resiliency and the colors are soothing (of course in my humble opinion) ☺️
I decided to refresh my entrance hallway with a sign, I hope you like it and that at least the message inspires you to enjoy as much as you can every day... every day we get to see the sky and breath in air is a true gift, we must savor it an make the best out of it, wouldn’t you agree?
I started by stamping the background with desert sand memento ink onto watercolor paper, The succulents were stamped using Altenew die ink cubes and masking some of the outer “petals” to have complete blooms. Then I watercolored them to the best of my ability using the loose watercolor method and an almost no line technique, I am still kind of afraid of loosing the crisp lines of the image 🤦🏻♀️ I am thankful for participating on Altenew’s Academy Watercolor 101 class, it has helped me tremendously. The quote was die cut using Altenew specialty papers and dies.
Products used:
Wood pallet background stamp set
Mega succulent stamp set
24 half pan watercolor set
Brush Alpha Die Set
Inline Alpha Die set
Thank you for taking time to stop by, I do appreciate your comment, have a wonderful and blessed day!
Stay safe!
Sending prayers and virtual hugs to all in need and to all the people on the front lines battling with this pandemic.
.“Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you've lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that's good.”
― Elizabeth Edwards
I hope things are calm on your neck of the woods. I know it has been a rough few weeks for most people, and I pray everyone that reads this be blessed with health and peace...
Having the kids around has proven a bit challenging but I count my blessings and don’t complain because thank God we are safe and sound... with that said, I finally had a chance today to play with some pretty Altenew Watercolors and stamps, to join in their March challenge, hosted by the amazing Norine, here is her inspiration picture:
I think the image and colors are perfect for what we are going through, succulents to me are a symbol of resiliency and the colors are soothing (of course in my humble opinion) ☺️
I decided to refresh my entrance hallway with a sign, I hope you like it and that at least the message inspires you to enjoy as much as you can every day... every day we get to see the sky and breath in air is a true gift, we must savor it an make the best out of it, wouldn’t you agree?
I started by stamping the background with desert sand memento ink onto watercolor paper, The succulents were stamped using Altenew die ink cubes and masking some of the outer “petals” to have complete blooms. Then I watercolored them to the best of my ability using the loose watercolor method and an almost no line technique, I am still kind of afraid of loosing the crisp lines of the image 🤦🏻♀️ I am thankful for participating on Altenew’s Academy Watercolor 101 class, it has helped me tremendously. The quote was die cut using Altenew specialty papers and dies.
Products used:
Wood pallet background stamp set
Mega succulent stamp set
24 half pan watercolor set
Brush Alpha Die Set
Inline Alpha Die set
Thank you for taking time to stop by, I do appreciate your comment, have a wonderful and blessed day!
Stay safe!
Sending prayers and virtual hugs to all in need and to all the people on the front lines battling with this pandemic.
.“Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you've lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that's good.”
― Elizabeth Edwards


How beautiful, Liz!! So glad that you join the fun over Altenew March Inspiration Challenge! WONDERFUL!
ReplyDelete