Skip to main content

Grateful!,Winner revealed (update)

Happy Monday my fellow Cricuteers!

 I hope your week is off to a great start! This fine Monday morning brings with it another challenge at Exploring Cricut, the theme COUNT YOUR BLESSINGSmake a card, layout, or paper craft celebrating Thanksgiving. 

For my project today I created a paper lantern, perfect to decorate anywhere around the house:

Recipe:

For this project using Cricut Craft Room, I welded 2 Leaf frames from the  Pooh  and Friends cartridge with a phrase from Gypsy Wanderings and a tag from Cricut Essentials ( to create the tab to close my lantern)

The frame was cut @ 5" and the phrase @ (3.42 x 2.5"). Cut at this dimensions it also fits a square Box of Tissues so, I think I could add a lid and turn it into a tissue box cover!!! ( a project for another time :)

Please NOTE : The base of the frame has all the marks to place the upper layers but once I welded the phrase with it they disappear and do not cut.

Layer 1 was cut on Kraft Stock
Layer 2 on Olive Green
Layer 3 on Burnt Red
Layer 4 on Ochre Yellow 
Base on Chocolate Brown

Once cut and put together I cut a strip of 4.5" x 20.5" of Tissue paper and adhered it to the inside of the lantern. I also used a Pumpkin light -keeping safety in mind- ;). And to let more light through I pierced along the edges of the leaves. 


This light shines on all the colors of the rainbow, isn't it pretty?

I also wanted to share another Thanksgiving Decor idea, using some vinyl and a glass plate:


For this plate I cut the sentiment and flourish with Chlkboard fonts Basic Font and the pumpkin is from Disney Princesses Happily ever after, quick and easy decor :)

Now onto the giveaway: As a way to say THANK YOU to all of you that follow me and Exploring Cricut today I am having a little giveaway! As I mentioned before I became a Jamberry Nails Independent Consultant and would love to share with you some of these awesome wraps! So as a way of celebrating my post #151 :) I will be giving away two sample cards to one lucky follower! The rules are simple:

1. Be a follower of my blog
2. Leave me a comment with your info. so I can reach you.

Winner will be drawn at random on Sunday Nov 24. Since we are crafters after all ;) I will be including a" Just wanted to say thanks" stamp with these samples. Each sample yields for 2 nails. Don't think these are for you? I am sure your daughter, niece, baby sitter, grand daughter, etc... will love you more if you share with them ;). Need more info, please let me know!


Sorry, but this giveaway is open only for US residents.


Random.org chose:


abusybee - DoubleClick ConnectionsNovember 18, 2013 at 12:27 PM.



Congrats Carrri! Please send me your shipping address to unikebyyes {at}yahoo{dot}com

"...Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse..." Henry Van Dyke 

Thank you for taking time to stop by - and for reading this long post ;)- I cannot wait to see your creations for this Exploring Cricut challenge. I do appreciate your comment, have a wonderful and blessed day!

Playing at:
Crafting Desser Divas Linky Party
DL ART Nov Linky Party
Simon Says, Thanksgiving Challenge.
Decorate to Celebrate #64: Thanksgiving and Fall part 2
Docerela Creations #49: Color combo

Comments

  1. beautiful light thank you joining decorate to celebrate challenge. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lantern!
    So happy you joined us over at Docerela!
    Super fun!! I am so into nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz I love this lantern. Great job and thanks for being a part of the team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-so cool that you made a lantern with a great design! Love the pumpkin light too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome!! I love it! And the different colors you get when it is lite up. Beautiful!! Love your plate, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your lantern, Liz! It's stunning, especially lit up. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Liz this is such a beautiful plate, great job:) Thank you for playing along with us over at Decorate to Celebrate Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! Fun idea. Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Divas. Hope you'll come back and play again! ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cool idea and so pretty lit up!

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer is almost here, but the fun has started!!!

Hello friends! Are you having fun yet? Summer is all about fun and what could be as fun as creating with Xyron Products and eBosser by Craftwell?? A fun hop with both companies and you get a chance to win a great prize too!                                 Starting today and ending on June 20th come join us and if you  hop along you could win a Craftwell Prize! All you need to do is comment on each blog and follow Xyron and Craftwell's Blog.  If you are already followers just comment (on the Craftwell Blog) that you are!  The comments will close at  12 midnight EST on Friday, June 20th . Must be in the US or Canada to be eligible to win. The winner will be announced on  Monday, June 23rd  on the Craftwell blog.  For my project today I created a birthday banner for my nephew using my eCraft, eBosser and Xyron. this could not be easier to put together, just cu...

*Files Updated* Christmas Bingo Blog Hop

Welcome to the FCCB Christmas Bingo Blog Hop !  Here is your Bingo card- You can choose to do a line up, down, across or diagonal, completing each square in your line.  Example: Christmas Cricut Cut, Hand Colored Christmas Image, Christmas Glitter. You have so many choices! The FCCB Christmas Bingo hop is sponsored by : A $10 Credit Voucher will go to the lucky winner! To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.  If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images. For this blog hop, you can submit up to three projects. Each project is one entry into the drawing for the prize. Be sure to visit each Design Team member and leave a comment -those will be put into a drawing for the following: For my project I decided to create an Frame/Ornament. I chose the 3rd. line down: Xmas Cricut Cut/ Xmas Sent...

Summer Fun Blog Hop, day 4

Hello friends, welcome to day 4 of our Summer Fun Blog Hop!                                 Don't you just love all the projects showcased this week? I am so lucky to be part of this fantastic hop I could not resist to keep on creating and today I want to share with you another Farm inspired project. This time I created a Piñata by recycling a box, using some scrap card stock, crepe paper, the fabulous eBosser, Xyron Corner Glue Stick, sticker maker and the X Tape Runner. I started by removing the flaps from the top of the box and then scoring two horizontal lines on the sides of it and a diagonal from the upper center point to the line on the sides. Cut slits on the corners all the way to the scored lines. Cut a small square on each side -just below the scored line-to run the rope thru them. Also, cut an opening on the back so you can fill it with goodies. Folded the new flaps inwards. Gl...