Welcome to another Challenge Me Monday...
The winner will receive one free class (up to $25!)
To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images.
If it isn't a card, you will get two entries into the drawing!
I hope you can see the variation in oranges and reds, sorry but my photography skills are in need of some improvement :s About the second stencil it is from The Crafter's Workshop and I cover the flower section of it. I got from Blitsy, here is my referral link in case you are interested to join, I would be most appreciative if you use my link, thanks in advance!
That is it for now, please visit the rest of the DT blogs for more inspiration, hope you come play with us! Have a wonderfully crafty day!
Liz
To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images.
If it isn't a card, you will get two entries into the drawing!
For today's inspiration I wanted to share a few reusable "non woven" tote bags decorated using Stencils (some made with my Cricut) and Acrylic Paint (Liquitex, Basics, ORANGE, YELLOW, WHITE AND RED) and a painters knife.
Why stenciling? you might ask, well non woven materials don't like heat- ask me how I know ;)- therefore Iron on was out of the question. :) Why this particular brand of paint? Because I had it on hand and I really like the subtle shine it has when dry :)
Why stenciling? you might ask, well non woven materials don't like heat- ask me how I know ;)- therefore Iron on was out of the question. :) Why this particular brand of paint? Because I had it on hand and I really like the subtle shine it has when dry :)
CREATIVE PROCESS:
The process is simple, just grab your tote and insert a piece of cardboard inside, large enough to cover your stenciling area. For speed purposes I cut mine a tidbit smaller than my tote so it does not move around too much.
Then I cut my stencils out of transparency using a letter "A" from the Gypsy Monogram collection ( oldie but goody) and a rose from a coloring page. To make my stencil I size the letter first to fit my project then add a Square/Rectangle larger than the letter, center both images and "slice". remove the extra "A". I have done this using my Expression 2 before, but instead of "Slicing" I place the letter on top of the square and center them as much as possible, group them and send it to cut.
Weed them from the mat and spray the back of them using a "temporary spray adhesive" careful to do it on a well ventilated area an inside a box to avoid a mess.
EXTRA TIPS: Always allow at least 1/2 inch on each side of the design so you can paint, daub or pounce the ink/paint you are using. I always use Painters tape around my stencil even when I use spray adhesive.
Position the stencil wherever you want it and with a painter's knife apply a "stencil thick" coat of acrylic paint. remove carefully and quickly.
Let dry. Depending on temperature and humidity drying time might vary. Since these totes are non woven I use my hair dryer on low heat inside and out to speed up the process.
I hope you can see the variation in oranges and reds, sorry but my photography skills are in need of some improvement :s About the second stencil it is from The Crafter's Workshop and I cover the flower section of it. I got from Blitsy, here is my referral link in case you are interested to join, I would be most appreciative if you use my link, thanks in advance!
That is it for now, please visit the rest of the DT blogs for more inspiration, hope you come play with us! Have a wonderfully crafty day!
Liz





This is such a great project! Love all the details you gave!
ReplyDelete