Hello friends!
I hope your day is going well. I just wanted to quickly pop and share with you a card I made for a friend who is celebrating her first 4th of July away from an abusive husband. So this card is not only in the spirit of the 4th of July but in celebration of her regained freedom.... The inspiration colors came from the fabulous picture for this week's challenge over at Inspired by Stamping... there is still time to join!
This shape was also inspired by last week's WHW over at IBS, thank you again Joanna and Kim for sharing!
The flower was made using MCT rolled flower die and some red and white decorators fabric I had left from another project, had to run it several times trough my cuttlebug for a nice cut.
For the side panels I embossed the patterned paper using the musical notes folder following a vertical pattern and then chalked the embossed area.
I had my own version of fireworks when finishing this card, I decided to add some glitter on some of the stars for the middle panel and guess what? I made a big mess of red glittered glue!!!!!! Did not realized the tip of the bottle was still closed squeezed the bottle so hard the tip went flying followed by about 3/4 the bottle contents!!!!! making a big red splash on my white rug!... So much for my conservative use of glitter LOL!
As a final touch I added the punched stars and added some crocheted trim to give it more dimension.
The sentiment was stamped using brown archival ink and reads : " ...Let freedom reign. The sun never sets on so glorious a human achievement..." N. Mandela
Linking this over at:
IBSIC: Challenge 15 Red, White and Blue
2 Sisters: Challenge 98, Red, White and Blue with the option of glitter or bling
Thank you for taking time to stop by, I do appreciate your comment, have blessed day and HAPPY 4th of JULY to all Americans around the world - and for the Americans at heart too! ;)
Liz
Great pop card. Glad to hear your friend is taking the steps to gain her freedom.
ReplyDeleteHappy Independence Day,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations
I love your card, Liz. I really like that fabric flower. I never thought about using fabric instead of paper. I might have to try that!! :)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Martha H.
Love that fabulous fabric flower you've created for your friend's card!!! Thanks so much for leaving me a comment too!!!
ReplyDelete