Good morning Fellow Cricuteers!
I hope your day is going well. Today is my turn to take over the daily post at Exploring Cricut :)And I got quick project for you :)
I used the card on p.76 of the Quilted Christmas cart and turned it into a Gift Card Holder by adding a rectangle to the straight edge of the card, scored and folded it over, glued it and voila! didn't I say it was simple?
To embellish it a little bit, I created a ribbon band to close it, using 9.5 " of satin ribbon , stamped my sentiment from Jaded Blossom on the back using Staz On, (happy mishap! I did not mean for it to happen, but later I tried on the right side of the ribbon and it bleed :? so, I kept it on the wrong side). Just some glittery accents on the hearts and snowflake and done! (want the cutting file, let me know in your comment).
Now, I promised a tutorial on last week's post, I could not finish my video due to extreme cases of, mom I am hungry!!, mom I am thirsty!, or plain mooooom!!!... and the Roofing workers next door :? Needless to say there was too much noise around here but I hope the pictures help a little, if you want the cutting file, let me know, I have not uploaded them yet to Project Center or the Box, but I will share with you my loyal followers per request :)just leave me a way to contact you :)
This bag holds 2 (3oz) bottles of lotion or hand sanitizer final measurement: H 4.75" x L 4.5" x D 2"
And last but not least, thank you for all your sweet comments and to all that played along last week's challenge! Random.org chose the winner of the hop and the lucky lady is:
Pam,please reply to my message and I will be sending your goodies as soon as possible :)
Once again thank you for taking time to stop by, hope to read from you soon :)
Have a wonderful day!
I hope your day is going well. Today is my turn to take over the daily post at Exploring Cricut :)And I got quick project for you :)
I used the card on p.76 of the Quilted Christmas cart and turned it into a Gift Card Holder by adding a rectangle to the straight edge of the card, scored and folded it over, glued it and voila! didn't I say it was simple?
To embellish it a little bit, I created a ribbon band to close it, using 9.5 " of satin ribbon , stamped my sentiment from Jaded Blossom on the back using Staz On, (happy mishap! I did not mean for it to happen, but later I tried on the right side of the ribbon and it bleed :? so, I kept it on the wrong side). Just some glittery accents on the hearts and snowflake and done! (want the cutting file, let me know in your comment).
Now, I promised a tutorial on last week's post, I could not finish my video due to extreme cases of, mom I am hungry!!, mom I am thirsty!, or plain mooooom!!!... and the Roofing workers next door :? Needless to say there was too much noise around here but I hope the pictures help a little, if you want the cutting file, let me know, I have not uploaded them yet to Project Center or the Box, but I will share with you my loyal followers per request :)just leave me a way to contact you :)
![]() | |
| For the purpose of the tutorial, I used plain orange card stock so you can see the scoring better ;), but you can emboss your paper and then score as I did with the white bag. |
![]() |
| I used Tacky tape to glue the bag together and I strongly recommend to use heavy card stock for both, your bag base and your holder otherwise it will be flimsy. |
Now for the handle: this is how my Virtual mat looks like:
Once it is cut:
![]() |
| Score, fold and hole punch as shown. |
![]() |
| Glue back of the handle to bag and Hole punch the bag using the handle's holes as reference. Thread ribbon through the four layers and tie a bow. |
![]() | |
| Front and back of bag. |
This bag holds 2 (3oz) bottles of lotion or hand sanitizer final measurement: H 4.75" x L 4.5" x D 2"
And last but not least, thank you for all your sweet comments and to all that played along last week's challenge! Random.org chose the winner of the hop and the lucky lady is:
I love gingerbread and this one is so cute on your little gift card holder! Love the hearts!
I am a new follower.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com
I am a new follower.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com
Pam,please reply to my message and I will be sending your goodies as soon as possible :)
Once again thank you for taking time to stop by, hope to read from you soon :)
Have a wonderful day!






I follow your posts by email and absolutely love these! In fact, I love your site! You do a great job explaining how to make them, too. Could I please have the cut files? Thanks! kfreiner@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteWow! Thank you so much, what a nice surprise!
ReplyDeleteYour snowflake gift card holder is beautiful!
Thank you for sharing your gingerbread bag tutorial!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com
Great projects!Love them,Very Pretty!!!
ReplyDeleteYour gift card holder is fabulous Liz!! I so love the design!! Thank you for the picture tutorial, too. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for the great tips. Love your card and that gift bag is too cute. Congrats to the winner too.
ReplyDeleteI get a lot of the "mom I need....." around here too, lol! Super cute gift card holder and excellent tutorial :)
ReplyDeleteMichelle