Hello friends crafty friends!
I hope your day is going well. This fine Monday morning brings along another fun challenge at Exploring Cricut, the theme this week is: boxes, bags or tags! Create one or all ;) using your Cricut machines and a ribbon.I love this!!!
For my project today I created a small shaker box I needed for a pair of earrings I made for a friend, she loves Christmas Crackers so I thought this will be perfect for her :).
I created this box using the Baby favor box from Life is a Party, Sanrio's Hello Kitty Greetings and Cricut Craft Room Basics. After some welding this is how it looks,
You can find a similar box on the Tags, Bags, Boxes and more 2 Cart. under "cracker". I do not have the cartridge, but I remember that the baby box is pretty similar.
I did not score the ends of the box to give it a "softer look". I created the side panels with CCRBasics but it was too plain so I created a "shaker" panel using Hello Kitty Greetings, I used the blackout to create the window and the "clothes" cut for the letters, which I adhered using Glossy accents; the tiny stars are negatives from a spellbinders die cut.
Since I could not stop I made a quick monogrammed tag too ;) I love Gypsy Font for monograms :) and Gypsy Wanderings for the tag. This oval tag is approx. 3" tall. I modified the slit for the ribbon, instead of the circle this tag originally has, I used the oval slit from the "key" tag, so my ribbon will look prettier :)
Don't forget to visit my DT sisters' blogs for more inspiration, I hope you come play with us as we say farewell to the Cricut Exclusive challenges. Have you heard that coming March we will have a new format to be referred to as Exploring Cricut and More? stay tuned for more info!
The winner of the blog hop candy from last challenge is #14: Joy J. who said: "...This is lovely Liz! Thank you for sharing the file with me!!! I will make it and keep it out year round;), thanks for the giveaway too, I follow by Email
Joy J..."
I hope your day is going well. This fine Monday morning brings along another fun challenge at Exploring Cricut, the theme this week is: boxes, bags or tags! Create one or all ;) using your Cricut machines and a ribbon.I love this!!!
For my project today I created a small shaker box I needed for a pair of earrings I made for a friend, she loves Christmas Crackers so I thought this will be perfect for her :).
I created this box using the Baby favor box from Life is a Party, Sanrio's Hello Kitty Greetings and Cricut Craft Room Basics. After some welding this is how it looks,
I did not score the ends of the box to give it a "softer look". I created the side panels with CCRBasics but it was too plain so I created a "shaker" panel using Hello Kitty Greetings, I used the blackout to create the window and the "clothes" cut for the letters, which I adhered using Glossy accents; the tiny stars are negatives from a spellbinders die cut.
Since I could not stop I made a quick monogrammed tag too ;) I love Gypsy Font for monograms :) and Gypsy Wanderings for the tag. This oval tag is approx. 3" tall. I modified the slit for the ribbon, instead of the circle this tag originally has, I used the oval slit from the "key" tag, so my ribbon will look prettier :)
Don't forget to visit my DT sisters' blogs for more inspiration, I hope you come play with us as we say farewell to the Cricut Exclusive challenges. Have you heard that coming March we will have a new format to be referred to as Exploring Cricut and More? stay tuned for more info!
The winner of the blog hop candy from last challenge is #14: Joy J. who said: "...This is lovely Liz! Thank you for sharing the file with me!!! I will make it and keep it out year round;), thanks for the giveaway too, I follow by Email
Joy J..."


What a great idea, I never thought of using that cut for a Christmas cracker. She is going to love it!
ReplyDeleteI have never made a "cracker box", but you've inspired me to try! I really like the shaker box idea, and your tag is beautiful as well.
ReplyDeleteI love this cracker box Liz. And I so love the shaker box on the front. What a wonderful idea!! Fantastic tag, too!!! :)
ReplyDeleteLiz, cracker boxes always have a fun surprise in them and this one is awesome! Your friend will love it inside out out:) Great idea to add a tag too.
ReplyDeleteAnnette
My Mind's Dust Bunnies
Love your box! I need to get a cartridge that has one on it now!
ReplyDelete